Dernière mise à jour : 25 mars 2020
1) Eat with pleasure. Always eat in a good mood, if you are upset or angry better postpone the meal till you feel well.
2) Eat a good quality food, don't make compromises in order to save up. You can save up from other things - clothes, night life, technology.
3) Don't overload your digestion system. When the stomach works too much, the brain function slows down.
4) Before to start to eat stop for few moments, becoming present, dedicate this time just to your food. Don't watch TV or do on a side something else between the bites. Enjoy the process - chew every bite, feel the tastes, be greatful to the nature and the people made possible to have this food in front of you.
5) Don't drink water during or immediately after eating - dilutes enzymes that are essential for digestion, which slow down the process and the efficiency of absorption. Drink water before the meal - ideally 20-30 min before and 2 hours after it.
6) Stop to eat before to be completely full (10-15 bites before), this leaves space in the stomach for easier digestion. The golden rule is: stop to eat when you feel the greatest pleasure from the food (requires high level of self-control), every bite after this moment will bring you less energy than will take to be digested.
7) The power of the food is in its quality, not quantity.
8) The best time to eat is after sunrise and before sunset, eating late in the night leaves the body on a 'high alert' state, which interferes with the circadian rhythm (physical, mental, and behavioral changes that follow a daily cycle, they respond primarily to light and darkness in an organism's environment). If on the other hand, food is taken earlier, it is not only digested better, you sleep well and wake up energized too.
9) The best meal is the one that is easily digested and with high rate of food absorption:
- easy to digest food: rise, toast with butter, yogurt, nuts, eggs, oatmeal, avocado, banana, spinach, carrot, green beans...
- food pairings that will increase food absorption:
vitamin C and plant-based iron (add a squeeze of lemon juice to a salad with spinach)
tomatoes and olive oil
turmeric and black pepper
complementary proteins - rice and black beans, quinoa and corn, hummus and whole-wheat crackers...
10) Always eat fresh or fresh cooked food, don't keep it for more than 24 hours - as longer stays as less nutrition qualities has.
11) Cook slowly, on a 'low fire', ideally just steaming. One time the food is ready, don't reheated again and again, just leave it for while out of the fridge before eating.
12) Don't eat too cold or too hot food.
13) Eat just when you feel hungry, not because of the hour, but control your cravings.
Enjoy every meal !
Facebook page : check here